Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Here's to the Nightmares I'll Have After I Pass Out

I'm required to compose a PowerPoint on domestic/child abuse for sociology, and I have to include ten graphic pictures depicting each and giving background information. Hence, I've been reading about neglected, battered, murdered babies for the last four and a half hours. I'm thoroughly disgusted and distraught by all these stories; I'm beginning to feel physically sick. This needs to be finished by the end of class tomorrow, so I'm attempting to find more pictures before I go to bed, but I only find articles without pictures to accompany them. I read them anyway, and all it does it upset me. I texted Simon over an hour ago, but he's either asleep or ignoring me. It doesn't really matter... I just don't want to do this. Between Friday's shooting and all these articles.. Mwerp. My babies. I'm simply upset and anxious, and I'm a little afraid that I won't be able to sleep unless I pass out from exhaustion. The last several weeks have been way too tiring; I can't wait for break to begin. Darian noted tonight that I've spent much more time on schoolwork lately. I didn't notice it until then, probably because it's been overshadowed by all my performances (I have another tomorrow, in fact. And then probably another Thursday), but I've had many projects for sociology and English lately. It's tiring, and in this case, just sickening. Maybe I'll just go to bed before I scare myself much more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's an awful thing to have to research! Hang in there! I hope you feel better soon.